Friday, June 15, 2012

Fresh beer, not that fresh!

Listening to grandma explain the concept of growlers. She has about a half a dozen jugs in the garage that I had offered to take back. No, she says, if we just take them back then we loose the money we originally paid to buy the jugs with the beer in them. If we exchange them for new jugs with beer in them then we don't have to pay again, you see. Yes, this is the concept...but right now you have a whole box full of jugs taking up space in your garage, can I get them out of here? She want to call the neighbor and see if, well 20 minutes later after going through a whole saga about it, she is on the phone with the neighbor and goes through the whole story again with the neighbor. The part of the story that almost makes me snarf coffee is this line of the explanation, "I think when you get beer in those bottles that beer is fresh, like they made it this morning or this week."
I know beer from the local microbrew is fresh, I doubt that it is that fresh. That's just bread water....

No comments:

Post a Comment